Shaderlab is an interactive installation part of an exhibition on computer graphics and visualization. Augminded was tasked with explaining and communicating the concept of a “Shader” to the audience in a playful and robust way.
- Interactive display of what happens when shader code chages. The user can change values using sliders.
- Abstract syntax tree of OpenGL Shader code is recreated each frame
- Immediate mode GUI that creates widgets depending on the actual code
- Written in C for maximal robustness
- 24/7 operation
- Touch interaction on win32
- Concept in collaboration with Visualization Center
- Code and design by Augminded